Monday 26 August 2013

My Vasculitis Journey - The daily onslaught of medication

A very good morning and another fine day, managed get 5hrs sleep last night that's a "lie in" for me lol.

I was just sat quietly thinking to my self, this time of the day 7am
 is when I probably feel my best, although a little tired, but from a pain and well being point of view I actually feel quite normal what ever normal may be lol.


Really enjoyed my breakfast
this morning

Which consisted of bran flakes, toast and
marmalade, well it was the bank holiday
after all, you have to treat yourself lol
and a lovely cup of tea.

I love my tea but that first one of the day
is delicious, well I think so anyway.



Not looking forward to my "2nd" course of breakfast though the dreaded daily onslaught of
medication :( Which this morning consisted of 22 tablets!! With in an hour the side effects will begin to kick in, the pills make you feel more unwell than the illness itself.

The main culprit being #Prednisolone a steroid 60mg daily which is a high dose.

My other daily tablets consists of pain killers one of which is for nerve pain, anti-biotics, heart meds and gastric meds. Phew no wonder l feel rough lol.

Well an hour has passed now beginning to feel drowsy and shaky, this will last most of the the day now

Then more medication to follow tonight, only
another 5 pills this time though!

God when I think back at one time I didn't even
like taking Paracetamol, I had a real phobia until
quite recently about taking prescription drugs,
just don't like putting them in my body.


Now I have no choice in the matter its either take the pills or....I don't even want to
think of the alternative, so rattle away I shall lol.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment