Monday 27 January 2014

Big Milestone

Well today has seen me reach a big milestone in my Vasculitis journey, l have had my last infusion of chemotherapy!! I can't believe how the past 6 month's have flown by.
All in all l have tolerated the treatment fairly well compared to other people l have spoken to, so I've been lucky :)

My journey does not end there though, it may be an end to one regime but l am not out of the woods yet.

The next phase of the treatment involves a drug which carries on where the chemo left off, not as toxic as chemo but acts by dampening down the immune system and slowing down the disease process.

Of course this drug comes with side effects :( Some people are affected more than others, having not yet started taking it, so l can't comment yet.
I have to have my blood monitored regularly while taking this drug so its still regular trips to the hospital.

Am also still on the dreaded steroids and have gained 2 stones in weight,  l am at the moment trying to lose the steroid weight but it is hard to do so, hate it though. I just want my old self back, its like looking at a stranger in the mirror.

So that's about it for now, will keep you posted.......

No comments:

Post a Comment